Retrocaval ureter is a rare cause of hydronephrosis. Its rarity and non-specific presentation pose a challenge to surgeons and radiologists in making the correct diagnosis.
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Here is a teaching video of CXR sign. The Luftsichel sign is seen in some cases of left upper lobe collapse and refers to the frontal chest radiographic appearance due to hyperinflation of the superior segment of the left lower lobe interposing itself between the mediastinum and the collapsed left upper lobe.
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Article in AJR by Curtis G Mick et al,review details the history, pharmacokinetics, and utility of 18F-sodium fluoride (Na18F) PET/CT in detecting osseous metastases compared with the current standard of care, technetium-99m methylene diphosphonate (99mTc-MDP) bone scintigraphy. They concluded that Na18F PET/CT is the most comprehensive imaging modality for the evaluation of osseous metastatic disease
Prostatic utricle cyst is a rare midline cystic lesion between the urinary bladder and the rectum. Cystic enlargement of prostatic utricle is a vestigial remnant of mullerian duct
Differential diagnoses include mullerian duct cyst. However, mullerian duct cyst though may be connected to the verumontanum by a stalk; it does not communicate with the posterior urethra, present late in life and is not associated with genitourinary anomalies.
- Retrocaval Ureter-Teaching Video
- Luftsichel Sign-CXR Teaching Video
- 18F-Sodium Fluoride PET Imaging of Osseous Metasta...
- Adductor Longus Tear-MRI
- Prostatic utricle cyst-MRI
- Urinary Bladder Herniation into Inguinal canal
- Health Ministers Speaks Against Cut Practice in Di...
- Bladder Rupture-CT
- Art of listening
- 3-D printed anatomy & Training
- Medullary Nephrocalcinosis-Plain Film
- Taj Mahal seekers
- Studies question need for 3D mammography
- BMJ Article on medical corruption in India
- Neymar Fracture-Radiology
- Success has a price to pay
- Happy Doctor's Day to All Radiologists
- ▼ July (18)
- ► 2013 (213)
- ► 2012 (229)
- ► 2011 (282)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (191)
- ► 2008 (194)
- ► 2007 (131)
- ► 2006 (221)
- ► 2005 (158)